Woman Who Drank Toxic Tea Released From Hospital

Published: August 24, 2014

Woman Who Drank Toxic Tea Released From Hospital, Almost three weeks after she was burned by a toxic mixture of chemicals found in a restaurant’s sweet tea, a 67-year-old woman has been released from the hospital.

Marissa Villasenor of the University of Utah Hospital confirmed to FOX 13 News that Jan Harding was discharged from the hospital Saturday around 10:50 a.m.

Harding was at a Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurant in South Jordan on August 10 when she drank the tea, which was later found to have the cleaning chemical sodium hydroxide in it. A former Dickey’s employee spoke to FOX 13 News about how the drink may have come to be contaminated, click here for details.

Harding’s family spoke earlier this week about her recovery, expressing their gratitude for her progress.

“I’m just grateful for each day,” Jim Harding said earlier in the week. “I’m grateful that she’s getting better. I’m grateful that she has a voice. I’m grateful that the life and death thing has been taken off the table. I’m just grateful for where we are. I bring you a good word today, an encouraging word.”


Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on



Comments are closed.

Copyright ©2010-15 AP - United States America