Tie for highest paid: Highest Paid Actresses On TV
Published: September 9, 2015
Tie for highest paid: Highest Paid Actresses On TV, Laughter is the best medicine and also apparently pays well. Forbes has released its list of TV’s highest-paid actresses, and the ladies of sitcom dominate the top 15.
Unsurprisingly, Modern Family’s Sofia Vergara and The Big Bang Theory’s Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting tie for the No. 1 spot, each earning $28. 5 million. However, you won’t find either of Cuoco-Sweeting’s female co-stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch on this list. And even though Vergara’s on-screen daughter-in-law lands the third-place slot, it’s with about $16.5 million less in earnings. Julie Bowen earned $12 million in 2015.
Fellow funny women Amy Poehler, Mindy Kaling, Patricia Heaton and Tina Fey also make the cut, along with sisters Emily and Zooey Deschanel, earning $6.5 and $5 million respectively.
Despite the women’s success, the gender pay gap still looms over the list, as the cut-off for this year’s highest-paid men was $9.5 million to the women’s $4.5 million. Also, there is a noticeable lack of diversity with Vergara, Kaling and Kerry Washington as the list’s only minority actresses.
1. Sofia Vergara: $28.5 million
1. Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: $28. 5 million
3. Julie Bowen: $12 million
4. Ellen Pompeo: $11.5 million
5. Mariska Hargitay: $11 million
6. Julianna Margulies: $10.5 million
6. Amy Poehler: $10.5 million
8. Mindy Kaling: $9 million
9. Patricia Heaton: $7 million
9. Kerry Washington: $7 million
11. Tina Fey: $6.5 million
11. Emily Deschanel: $6.5 million
13. Pauley Perrette: $6 million
14. Robin Wright: $5.5 million
15. Zooey Deschanel: $5 million
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on