Rousey breaks her silence: Ronda Rousey Hospital

Published: November 16, 2015

Rousey breaks her silence: Ronda Rousey Hospital, Ronda Rousey will take a break from the Octagon after her stunning defeat by Holly Holm but has vowed to return to avenge her first career loss.

Rousey lost her bantamweight title and her unbeaten record in Melbourne when she took a kick to the head in the second round.

Although the 28-year-old was not concussed, she suffered a gash on her lip and was kept in hospital overnight before being seen by a plastic surgeon.

She later said on Instagram: ‘I just wanted to thank everyone for the love and support. I appreciate the concerns about my health, but I’m fine. As I had mentioned before, I’m going to take a little bit of time, but I’ll be back.’

UFC president Dana White visited Rousey in hospital with her sister and told TMZ: ‘The last thing a fighter wants to do is talk about a fight when they lose. There was not a lot of talking.’

White had earlier confirmed that a rematch would ‘make sense’ but Rousey is due to go straight into filming for Mile 22 in which she plays the lead role.

Potential dates include April 23 at Madison Square Garden in New York if the UFC win a long-running battle for mixed martial arts to be legalised in the state.

Rousey was also expected to fight on the UFC 200 card in Las Vegas on July 9.

Holm also agreed that a rematch was the most likely next fight for her.

‘I think a rematch makes sense for sure,’ she said. ‘I’ve been on a losing side of a fight and I wanted the rematch; I wanted to avenge my loss.

‘With a champion like Ronda who has gone out of her way, above and beyond to do great things, absolutely she deserves a rematch.’

Share

_________________________________________
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Contact

Comments

Comments are closed.

Copyright ©2010-15 AP - United States America