Report: Beheading suspect confesses: Beheading Attack Suspect

Published: June 28, 2015

Report: Beheading suspect confesses: Beheading Attack Suspect, The man accused of murdering and beheading his boss in France on Friday took a “selfie” with his victim’s head and sent the picture to a number in Canada, officials have said.

Yassin Salhi reportedly told investigators on Sunday that he had murdered HervĂ© Cornara “due to problems at home and at work,” though detectives suspect the attack was motivated by his links with radical Islam and Isis.

Salhi took two “selfies” of himself with the severed head of his boss around an hour before he placed the head on the fence of the factory both men worked at in Sanit-Quintin fallavier, according to officials.

In pictures: ‘Islamist’ French factory attack

He then drove his van into the warehouse containing inflammable chemicals in what investigators suppose was an attempt at a suicide bombing, but which ended in a minor explosion that injured himself and two others.

One of the “selfies” allegedly taken by Salhi had been sent to a number in Toronto, Canada, via WhatsApp. Some have suggested this was a staging post and that the message was instead sent to an acquaintance fighting with Isis in Syria, but investigators have said it is too early to speculate over this. Canadian police are now investigating.

Salhi, who has a history of ties to Islamic extremists, remained on custody on Sunday with his wife and sister.

Share

_________________________________________
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Contact

Comments

Comments are closed.

Copyright ©2010-15 AP - United States America