Injured fan suing Sox: Stephanie Taubin Red Sox

Published: August 29, 2015

Injured fan suing Sox: Stephanie Taubin Red Sox, A Brookline woman who was injured when she was struck by a foul ball last year during a Red Sox game at Fenway Park is suing John Henry, the team’s principal owner, court records show.

Lawyers for Stephanie Taubin, 46, filed the lawsuit claiming negligence against Henry, who also owns The Boston Globe, on Wednesday in Suffolk Superior Court, records show.

The dollar amount being sought was not clear Thursday night.

Asked for comment on Henry’s behalf, the Red Sox said in a statement that the team “is unaware of the specifics [of the lawsuit] and generally does not comment on pending legal matters. But the safety of Red Sox fans and providing a quality ballpark experience are essential to the Red Sox, and to Mr. Henry, and are goals for which we strive as an organization to deliver,” the statement said.

According to Taubin’s complaint, she was in an area above home plate known as the EMC Club on June 17, 2014. Protective glass had been removed for renovations, leaving the area, previously known as the 406 Club, “at greater risk of foul balls entering that [section] of Fenway Park,” the filing said.

Share

_________________________________________
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Contact

Comments

Comments are closed.

Copyright ©2010-15 AP - United States America