Fenway Park Shooting
Published: November 26, 2015
Fenway Park Shooting, One person was killed and three others wounded when shots rang out as the bars outside Fenway Park closed at 2 a.m. Thursday morning.
A man in his late 20s, who was not immediately identified, was found dead outside the bar on Yawkey Way.
The bars in the area were crowded after high school football games had been played at Fenway Park.
The others shot, all men in their 20s, had wounds that police said were not life-threatening.
While there are surveillance cameras in the area, police are asking any witnesses who may have cellphone video to come forward.
Fenway Park asked those attending the Thanksgiving Day football games to enter at Gate B at the corner of Van Ness and Ipswich Streets, as Yawkey Way remained closed.
This is the second shooting at a bar at Fenway Park in recent months. In September, two women were shot leaving the same bar.
Boston Mayor Marty Walsh and Police Commissioner William Evans spoke Thursday about the previous troubles with the bar. They said officers were in the bar just prior to the shooting to check for any potential issues.
The Boston Globe reported Who’s On First was issued a licensed premise violation following the September shooting.
“Some people have to grow up. We’re talking about grown men on Thanksgiving weekend,” Walsh said when asked about the shooting. “We’re talking about 27 to 30 year-old people here. That’s uncalled for.”
The mayor and police commissioner say issues are being addressed with the licensing board.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on