Dallas PD attacked: Dallas Police Shooting

Published: June 13, 2015

Dallas PD attacked: Dallas Police Shooting, A gunman attacked the police headquarters in downtown Dallas from inside an armored van early Saturday morning, shooting at officers and leaving bags filled with pipe bombs around the building in a brazen assault that led to a standoff that is continuing.

Police officials said no officers or bystanders were wounded or killed in the attack, which began outside police headquarters and spread to the parking lot of a restaurant in a nearby suburb after the gunman fled from the authorities. Officers fired at the vehicle with 50-caliber rifles and disabled it.

At a news conference, Police Chief David Brown said a sniper had shot a suspect through the front windshield. The police believe the man is dead, but they will not be able to confirm his condition or identity until after a robot checks the bomb for explosives, he said.

Initial reports indicated that there was more than one gunman. But Chief Brown said the suspect appeared to have acted alone, although officials were not ready to rule outthe involvement of others.

The authorities have not identified a motive for the attack, he said. All seven police locations had been cleared by 10 a.m., and there was no threat to the public, he said.

The attack started about 12:30 a.m. outside the police headquarters when a man inside a van began shooting at officers and rammed a police vehicle. The shots also struck parked patrol cars. Chief Brown said officers had “heard fully automatic weapons.”

The police pursued the vehicle as it sped south of Dallas to a Jack in the Box restaurant parking lot off Interstate 45 in the suburb of Hutchins, a 10-minute drive from downtown. Officers and the assailant exchanged gunfire in the parking lot, but negotiations followed.

At some point during the attack and standoff, the attacker identified himself to the police as James Boulware, who lives in Paris, Tex.

“The suspect has told our negotiator that we took his child and that we accused him of being a terrorist and that he’s going to blow us up, and then cut off negotiations,” Chief Brown told reporters at a predawn news conference. “We cannot confirm a motive at this time.”

Two explosive devices were found outside the headquarters, including one that was left under a police vehicle and later detonated, the authorities said.

The police initially said that they were investigating reports that the suspect may have gotten into the van while it was parked outside the headquarters building and that another suspect may have failed to get back in the van before it sped away. They were also looking into a report that a suspect was shooting at officers from the second floor of an apartment complex near the police headquarters. The police evacuated residents from that complex.

The Dallas Police Department has been using Twitter to describe the events as they unfold. Here’s a collection of the latest updates:

Here are some pictures of the damage at HQ. pic.twitter.com/ic18axSTPO

– Dallas Police Depart (@DallasPD) June 13, 2015
Photographs posted on Twitter by the Police Department showed bullet holes and shattered glass at the entrance of the headquarters.


Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on



Comments are closed.

Copyright ©2010-15 AP - United States America