Boy 4 dies of cinnamon: Boy Dies Cinnamon

Published: August 3, 2015

Boy 4 dies of cinnamon: Boy Dies Cinnamon, A four-year-old Kentucky boy was killed after he ingested cinnamon powder he found in a container in his kitchen.

Matthew Rader was exploring the kitchen at his mother’s apartment in Richmond, when he climbed onto a counter, got his hands on the container on the spice rack, ate some and began chocking before he collapsed.

When his mother, Brianna, found him, he was in a seizure-like state and was transported to Baptist Health Medical Center, where an hour and a half later he was pronounced dead, according LEX18.

‘He was completely healthy – no problems,’ the mother of two said. ‘He started choking. It was like he was having a seizure and just collapsed.’

While Matthew was choking on the cinnamon, some of it made its way into his lungs and caused his death, according to the station.

His June 3 death was ruled accidental by the coroner who said cinnamon when inhaled can cause asphyxiation.

Brianna Rader wants to share her son’s story so that it will be a warning to others, especially those who ingest large amounts of the powder in the ‘Cinnamon Challenge’.

The Cinnamon Challenge involves swallowing a spoonful of ground cinnamon without drinking any liquids, a prank that went viral on social networking sites in 2011.

Doctors said the prank is dangerous as it could result in particles of the spice being inhaled through the windpipe and into the lungs, which could cause inflammation – and even choking.

‘Cinnamon can kill,’ Brianna Rader said. ‘All these kids, they don’t think about the fact it can hurt them.’

Brianna Rader wrote a post on Facebook saying that she is grateful his story has spread in hopes that it will save at least one child’s life.

‘I can’t express how grateful I am for all the amazing support we have right now. And each and every one of you are amazing,’ the post from June 4 read.

‘Matty man’s story made the Lex 18 news and now CNN wants to share it nationwide. That helps ease my breaking heart just a little to think that just maybe my baby’s story can save even just one child’s life.

‘My Matty was definitely loved by many and he loved everyone. Fly high baby boy we love you more than words could ever explain. And we miss you so much it hurts. R.I.P my sweet little angel.’

The young boy was laid to rest on June 9 and leaves behind his mother, his father, John Bowles, his brother, Alexander Marks, and grandparents as well as great-grandparents.

Boy 4 dies of cinnamon: Boy Dies Cinnamon

Boy 4 dies of cinnamon: Boy Dies Cinnamon

Share

_________________________________________
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Contact

Comments

Comments are closed.

Copyright ©2010-15 AP - United States America