American hostages free: Yemen American Hostages
Published: September 20, 2015
American hostages free: Yemen American Hostages, Two American hostages who had been held by Houthi rebels in Yemen are free and in neighboring Oman, according to the White House. They were flown to Muscat with an Omani government plane and were met by U.S. consular staff, officials said.
A third American who was believed held by the Houthis was not released, and it’s unclear exactly who has him, a senior administration official told CNN on Sunday.
Houthi rebels released other hostages, including one Briton, a U.K official told CNN, and three Saudi nationals, according to Oman state TV.
Earlier Sunday, a diplomat in the Yemeni capital of Sanaa said six foreign hostages — three Americans, two Saudis and one Briton — would be flown to Oman.
Oman TV showed some hostages getting off the plane in Muscat and being greeted by a diplomat.
One of the freed Americans was identified as Scott Darden, a 45-year-old employee of the New Orleans-based company Transoceanic Development, who was taken hostage by Houthi rebels in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa, in March, the U.S. administration official said. The official identified the other released hostage as Sam Farran
The two men had been trying to flee Yemen when they were taken and held.
“When the uprising happened, Scott called Sam who he knew for help in getting out of Yemen. They were captured together before they could leave the country,” said Transoceanic Development spokesman Ken Luce.
“I just received a phone call from my husband who sounds elated and overjoyed to be in Oman,” Darden’s wife Diana Loesch told CNN before heading to Muscat to meet him.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on